Inspection, Testing & Repair & Remedial Works
Fire dampers are crucial components of any building's ventilation system, designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through HVAC ducts. These dampers play a vital role in compartmentalizing the building, helping to contain fire within specific areas and providing valuable time for occupants to evacuate safely.
Key Features of Fire Dampers
1. High-Quality Construction: Fire Dampers are manufactured using premium materials that can withstand high temperatures and adverse conditions, ensuring their reliability when you need them most.
2. Integrity and Performance: The dampers we fit at Nitor Ventilation are thoroughly tested and certified to meet all relevant industry standards and regulations. You can trust that the products we supply will perform flawlessly during critical situations.
3. Automatic Shut-Off: Equipped with cutting-edge technology, the dampers we supply automatically close when triggered by heat, smoke, or fire, preventing the passage of hazardous elements through the ventilation system.
4. Versatility: We offer a wide range of Fire Dampers suitable for various duct sizes and airflow capacities, catering to the unique requirements of your building.
5. Ease of Inspection and Maintenance: We fit Fire dampers with Inspection and Maintenance in mind, ensuring it can be tested and cleaned regularly.
The 4 Main Types of Fire Dampers
1. Single Blade Fire Damper: A single-blade fire damper consists of a single, movable blade or flap that automatically closes when exposed to high temperatures or when a fire alarm is triggered. The blade is typically constructed of fire-resistant materials such as steel or aluminium. When the damper is in the open position, it allows for the normal flow of air through the HVAC system, ensuring proper ventilation and temperature control.
2. Fire Smoke Damper: A fire smoke damper is a mechanical device used in buildings to prevent the spread of smoke and fire through the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) ductwork and ventilation systems. They are an essential component of fire protection and life safety systems. In the instance of a fire within a building, 44% of deaths are from outside the room of origin.
3. Smoke Damper: The primary function of a smoke damper is to restrict or control the movement of smoke and hot gases in the event of a fire. When smoke is detected by a fire alarm or smoke detection system, the smoke damper automatically closes or opens, blocking the passage of smoke and fire from one area of a building to another. This action helps contain the fire and protect occupants in other parts of the building, allowing them more time to evacuate safely.
4. Mechanical Fire Damper: A mechanical fire damper is a safety device used in ventilation and air conditioning systems to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through ductwork in buildings. It is an essential component of fire protection systems, especially in large commercial and industrial buildings, where there are multiple zones or compartments that need to be isolated in case of a fire outbreak.
1. Repairs and Replacements: If any fire dampers are found to be faulty or non-compliant, we provide prompt repair or replacement services, helping you maintain a safe environment.
2. Upgrades and Retrofits: As technology evolves, so do fire safety standards. We offer upgrades and retrofits to bring your fire dampers up to the latest industry requirements.
3. Emergency Services: Understanding the critical nature of fire dampers, we offer emergency services for urgent repairs and replacements to keep your building's occupants protected at all times.
Find out more about Fire Damper Remedials / Passive Fire Protection
The 4 Main Types of Fire Damper Remedials
1. Fire Damper Replacements
2. Access Issues
3. Fire Compartment Maintenance
4. Control Panel Maintenance
Fire damper, fire damper, fire damper - you may have heard this term repeatedly in buildings and constructions, but do you truly understand the significance of fire dampers and how they contribute to safeguarding lives and property during fire emergencies? In this attached article, we will delve in to the world of fire dampers, exploring their purpose, functioning, and importance, as we emphasize the vital role fire dampers play in fire safety. 44% of fire-related deaths happen outside the room of origin.
What do we offer?
A faulty fire damper will not prevent the spread of fire and it is compulsory that these are tested annually by law to ensure the safety of the building occupants.
From initial survey, inspection and installation to annual testing and maintenance/remedial works Nitor can manage the whole process ensuring your compliance with the necessary regulations.
Nitor Ventilation provide the complete package to clients which includes:
Initial Survey/meeting with client
Carryout fire damper drop testing in line with BS9999 Standards
Produce a thorough report on each damper detailing our findings as well as the fire damper drop test results
Provide a proposal for all repair/remedial works required to each damper
Carryout all remedial works required to bring the fire damper up to full working condition
Produce a final report on completion of repairs/remedials
We also work as a trusted subcontractor under a number of other fire damper testing and ventilation hygiene companies. Nitor Ventilation prides itself on giving a superior service to all our clients, maintaining our high-level reputation and the reputation of those we subcontract for. This gives clients the confidence to use our services time and time again.
Why choose Nitor Ventilation
Expertise: We have a team of highly skilled professionals with extensive experience in Fire Dampers and HVAC systems.
Quality Assurance: Our products undergo rigorous testing to meet the highest quality standards, ensuring reliability and durability.
Compliance: We stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and codes, ensuring that our products and services meet all necessary safety requirements.
Customer Satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is our priority. We strive to provide top-notch services and support to all our clients.
Prompt Response: We understand the urgency of fire damper issues, and our team is always ready to respond swiftly to your needs.